New inorganic flame-retardant additive with high whiteness, fineness, and purity. It is derived from magnesium (MgO) and silicon (SiO2). The material is applicable to PA, PBT, PP, PET, ABS, PVC, PC/ABS alloys, and more.
Can be used together with halogenated flame retardants and antimony trioxide. Contains special surface treatment - to improve on adhesive strength, plastic resin compatibility, viscosity reduction, and filling and reinforcements. Also, allows for even flow during injection molding.
When used with Sb2O3, Flam-MX can decrease Sb2O3 dosage by 25 to 50%. It can also decrease dosage of TiO2 during the production of white projects.
Appearance White powder
Whiteness > 98%
Average diameter 1.1 um
Loss on burning < 5
Decomposition temperature 340 C
- Excellent heat resistance and stability. Can achieve height weight loss of 0.5%, within 400 C.
- Good combination with engineering plastics, such as PA, PBT, PP, PET, ABS, PVC, and PC/ABS alloys. Can improve main product's mechanical properties.
- When used in cooperation with Sb2O3 (antimony trioxide), it can achieve same fire retardant effects, while decreasing Sb2O3 dosage by 25 to 60%.
- Adding Flam-MX under 3% can promote product's melt flowability, dimension stability, and surface gloss.
- Can improve upon product's electrical properties - including the electrical strength, and CTI index.
- Maintains good mechanical and electrical properties, under high temperature and humidity.